The City of Odum is currently taking applications for a Full-Time City Clerk. Benefits include Paid Sick Leave, Paid Vacation and Retirement. Please send resumes to Cityofodumclerk@outlook.com, Cityofodum@hotmail.com, or drop off resume at Odum City Hall, 217 S. Church St. Odum, GA 31555. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include:
• Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and methods of receiving, depositing, and disbursing large amounts of money upon proper authorization.
• Knowledge of municipal laws, policies, codes, and regulations. Knowledge of the application of bookkeeping principles to accounting transactions and skill in applying these principles to maintenance of fiscal records.
• Ability to plan, lay out, assign, supervise and review the work of a clerical and accounting staff engaged in the performance of varied duties related to treasury management. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with superiors, associates, subordinates and the general public.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to maintain minutes and important records efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to be bonded by surety company.
Desirable Training and Experience:
• Graduation from high school or its equivalent, supplemented by any combination of five years training or experience that involves bookkeeping, clerical work, supervisory experience, accounting and financial management.
City Hall HoursMonday - Friday: 8AM - 5:00PM
Closed for lunch 12-1PMSaturday & Sunday: Closed
Mailing Address Physical Address
P.O. Box 159 217 S. Church St.
Odum, GA 31555 Odum, GA 31555
Phone Fax(912) 586-2211 (912) 586-6634Emailcityofodumclerk@outlook.com
Closed for lunch 12-1PM